Monday, November 26, 2007

Counting my blessings...

How often in life will someone ever stop by and think about life? How about thinking of what the good that has been done are and the blessings, added in life? How often does one really complain and count how terrible life has been or been really unfair to them?

Most of the time, in a very normal circumstance in life, no one will ever think about how blessed they have been. Rather, they would do the latter, to complain about how life has been unfair to them. Why this person did not do this for them or even think negatively in life. They never stop by to think about the positives in life.

I am guilty of doing the latter. I do complain about how things were in the past. How my family, friends and even Church friends were unfair to me. How much efforts I have been putting into a friendship and etc.

On the 26 November 2007, I celebrate my birthday. More than a birthday, somehow, I began to realize that I have been rather unhappy with life. Especially when I do not have the things the way I want.

For the past thirty years, I would never have thought that someone would really remember that it’s my birthday. Somehow, birthdays, when others are celebrating for another, I would even shun away from these celebrations and wonder if someone would ever even bother to celebrate it with me. I would even wonder if someday, if anyone would spend hundreds or even thousand of dollars, just to celebrate my birthday just as they did, on their friends.

This year, the way I celebrate my birthday is somewhat different. I did not make it known to my very own cell group members. It’s not that I do not want them to know. It’s just that, none showed interest in wanting to know me, despite the fact that even new members are asked of their date of birth; a basic and norm in the cell.

Anyway, I am really thankful for the friends I have known for barely a year and not forgetting the ex-classmates from SOT year 2. Even though they (SOT classmates) may not have remembered the date of my birthday and somehow, it coincides with the date that we met up for dinner. That alone, is enough for me. What more do I want?

Oh yes, I would like to thank One more very important person in my life. Without Him, I will not be where I am and I will never know what manner of a person am I. Jesus! I really thank Jesus for all the good that He has planned for my life. Even though I do not know what the future holds for me. IE: My career, my future and even tomorrow but I know that He has a good and perfect plan for me, a plan to prosper me and not to harm me. He has a plan for me even before I was formed in my mother’s womb!

Besides Jesus, God and Holy Spirit, I am also thankful to God for my parents and those who have celebrated my birthday and those who had wished me happy birthday. You guys are the best. As for the presents, actually, you are the best gift for me. The presents that I have received, they are the bonus! Thank you so much!

1 comment:

Transplante de Cabelo said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Transplante de Cabelo, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://transplante-de-cabelo.blogspot.com. A hug.