Friday, August 31, 2007

Secondary School Reunion

This is the event that I have been longing for and some what, looking forward to after some 12 years since I left my Secondary School. All these while, when I heard that friends are meeting up with their old classmates/ schoolmates, I get envious! This is because, I seem to be the odd one out – I do think so. I feel that I don’t belong to any group or friends too. (So I thought…)

However, last week, an ex-classmate sent me a message via friendster. I was rather surprised and astonished that he was able to find me there. I mean, after such a long period of time, they still remember me? I never knew that I was in their mind at all…

Nonetheless, I am really pleased to be able to meet up with them today! I am rather more than pleased. In fact, I am really thrilled to be able to meet up with more than 30 of them today!

Much has changed after 12 years apart, since Secondary School days. There was so much to catch up with and I am rather flabbergasted when most of them, whom I seldom chat with or chat with, still remembers me! I did not know that they still recognized me!

We had a wonderful dinner at Vivo City – Marche! Simply fantastic! Of course, I too, have changed much since Secondary School times till now. I have changed to be a more out-going person and am more opened to talk to most/ all of them. Perhaps this is due to maturity but I have to admit one fact, going to Church, really opens me up a lot!

There were people whom I have forgotten about, some, I could not even recognize! However, they remembered me! How in the world did I feel so forgotten? Am I looking too much into myself that I have lost focus that people do remember me as well? Perhaps I am too self-centered for the past couple of years. I need to get out of this trap and move on!

Although I do not have everyone’s contact or have any photos of the gathering with me now but I am sure, they will send the photos and contact numbers/ emails to me as I am included in their list.

I really give thanks and praises unto God for everything that is happening in my life. Regardless it is a good thing or a bad things; I will still love God with all my heart. All I pray is that my heart will always be united towards God. Apart from Him, I can never accomplish anything or even be able to meet up with the rest and have such a wonderful time with my ex-classmates and schoolmates. I give God the GLORY and HIGHEST PRAISE Who made it ALL possible! Amen!

I will definitely update those photos at the soonest possible time!

No comments: